BitTorrent is a P2P file sharing client. Serving large files creates problems of scaling, flash crowds, and reliability. The key to cheap file distribution is to tap the unutilized upload capacity of your customers. Their contribution grows at the same rate as their demand, creating limitless scalability for a fixed cost. By using software that was built by the same team that invented BitTorrent, you are guaranteed access to the latest, most efficient methods of getting downloads to your desktop.
The new BitTorrent Beta brings together BitTorrent’s proven expertise in networking protocols with Torrent’s efficient implementation and compelling UI to create a better BitTorrent client. As we continue to develop this new client, we’ll be focused on innovative ways to simplify and improve the BitTorrent user experience.
Here are some key features of “BitTorrent”:
· Dynamic bandwidth management – download without disrupting other applications
· Detailed stats on the health of media files provides a safer, more controlled experience
· No hardware configuration – reduced hassle of fast downloads
· Lightweight client
· Local peer discovery
· Configurable bandwidth scheduler
· Global and per-torrent speed limiting
· RSS Downloader